Mazda CX-50 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Preferred Plus, so I'm pretty sure my mirror isn't powered and I won't be able to tap into that.

Sometimes I wish automakers would add a USB port up near the rearview mirror for stuff.

Anyway, I want a clean install with no wires showing. Any examples or suggestions?

· Registered
3 Posts
There’s not a clean way to install an aftermarket dash cam with the way the rear view mirror is set up. Myself and others have had luck with a FitCam setup which either hard wires to the dome light area or plugs into the OBD connector. Let me know if you’d like pictures

· Registered
1 Posts
I have a Preferred Plus, so I'm pretty sure my mirror isn't powered and I won't be able to tap into that.

Sometimes I wish automakers would add a USB port up near the rearview mirror for stuff.

Anyway, I want a clean install with no wires showing. Any examples or suggestions?
I have a Front/Rear Dashcam that I installed last week that is powered by the Cig Lighter, with only wires showing from where the cam is mounted up to the headliner.

What I did was tuck the power cord from Cig Adapter across to the underside of the dashboard, up the trim and front headliner for the front, and similar process towards the back and hatch area. Just need a trim tool to pry open the panel gaps a bit to tuck the wires. 30-45 min job.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts