Mazda CX-50 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

Registered
2023 CX-50 2.5 Turbo Premium Plus
Turbo Premium Plus (Poly metal grey/ black brown leather), Weather Package, Cargo Cover, Paint Charge, $500 Military discount, Straight MSRP (no negotiating, thanks COVID), Lovely California taxes. Total out the door = $47,360 USD

Registered
2023 CX-50 2.5 S Premium Plus
I used the Consumer Reports/TrueCar service to find a local CX-50 2.5 S Premium Plus in Polymetal with the Cargo Package and Cargo Cover for $38,055 which is $400 under MSRP. I added the Weather Package and Cross-bars at MSRP. (Non-negotiable.)

Add the $499 Dealer Fee (also non-negotiable), Title, Tags, and 2-yr Registration @ $345, and a 6% MD Sales tax of $2352 and I was out the door with a full tank of gas at $41,901.

It鈥檚 a sellers market for sure, and I was expecting to pay well over MSRP 鈥 by 1.5% or even 2% according to the sales data that CR publishes. So I came away spending about $1000 less than I was expecting to have to pay and I鈥檓 pretty satisfied with that, under the circumstances. (Another metro-area dealer actually had an addendum alongside the sticker on their CX-50鈥檚 noting a +$10,000 鈥淢arket Demand鈥 surcharge. Wow. I sure hope nobody is actually paying that.)

Registered
Many Mazda dealers in San Diego are adding non-negotiable add-ons to the CX-50 ranging from $1800 to $4000. Luckily I shopped around and found the dealer that sold me mine with no add-ons or markups.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Many Mazda dealers in San Diego are adding non-negotiable add-ons to the CX-50 ranging from $1800 to $4000. Luckily I shopped around and found the dealer that sold me mine with no add-ons or markups.
Soo Trueee!! I was doing some shopping around too & the dealer I went to today tried adding @ "Market" increase to the price and said "ya know due to everything going on" so I pulled out the paperwork from the first dealer I went to that didn't have any markups & told them to beat that price && welp looks they will馃ぃShould be walking out with a Turbo Premium for $41,005. Unfortunately they said it would be about 2 months till one can get on the lot.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Soo Trueee!! I was doing some shopping around too & the dealer I went to today tried adding @ "Market" increase to the price and said "ya know due to everything going on" so I pulled out the paperwork from the first dealer I went to that didn't have any markups & told them to beat that price && welp looks they will馃ぃShould be walking out with a Turbo Premium for $41,005. Unfortunately they said it would be about 2 months till one can get on the lot.
Update now they are stating around 3 to 4 months and are cleaning that turbo models haven't even been built yet which I know isn't true as I've seen countless people on this threat already have turbos? I even test drove one, I'm very confused lol.

Registered
Update now they are stating around 3 to 4 months and are cleaning that turbo models haven't even been built yet which I know isn't true as I've seen countless people on this threat already have turbos? I even test drove one, I'm very confused lol.
What state are you in? Dealers in SoCal have been steadily receiving CX-50s, turbo and none. I鈥檓 assuming regional and dealer allocations are at play where you鈥檙e at.

Registered
I'm in SD as well and in the market. Which dealership did you go with?
Hello Mazda, ask for Victor. They are the only ones not doing any markups or dealer add-ons on the CX-50. They鈥檙e fairly new and are taking over the old Boomers by the 805 and 163 so it feels weird going there the first time as you walk past the batting cages and putt putt, but it鈥檚 legit. So easy and stress-free. Your salesperson does it all, no finance guy to push extended warranties, or this and that, just tell them what add-ons you want or not and you鈥檒l get no push back.

Registered
Hello Mazda, ask for Victor. They are the only ones not doing any markups or dealer add-ons on the CX-50. They鈥檙e fairly new and are taking over the old Boomers by the 805 and 163 so it feels weird going there the first time as you walk past the batting cages and putt putt, but it鈥檚 legit. So easy and stress-free. Your salesperson does it all, no finance guy to push extended warranties, or this and that, just tell them what add-ons you want or not and you鈥檒l get no push back.
Awesome, thank you! I figured it was them.

Registered
Anybody in the PWN looking, got a Premium Plus at MSRP and a fair trade on my (immaculate) 2021 CX-30 as well. Mazda of Everett, one of the easiest and most straightforward dealers I've worked with.

Their competitor just down the road was adding a markup, etching, and a coating; many thousands in unneeded extra costs.

Registered
We also picked up our Preferred Plus from Mazda of Everett (Seattle area) a few days ago. Paid MSRP. Put down $500 several weeks ago to hold one from an incoming shipment. Went through the Costco Auto Program so I only had to deal with their internet manager/Costco rep Bebs.....no salesmen. Great low pressure experience. Highly recommended.

Registered
After The marked UP Price I ended UP paying $47,800
Anybody in the PWN looking, got a Premium Plus at MSRP and a fair trade on my (immaculate) 2021 CX-30 as well. Mazda of Everett, one of the easiest and most straightforward dealers I've worked with.

Their competitor just down the road was adding a markup, etching, and a coating; many thousands in unneeded extra costs.
We also picked up our Preferred Plus from Mazda of Everett (Seattle area) a few days ago. Paid MSRP. Put down $500 several weeks ago to hold one from an incoming shipment. Went through the Costco Auto Program so I only had to deal with their internet manager/Costco rep Bebs.....no salesmen. Great low pressure experience. Highly recommended.
Welcome to the forum everyone! Congrats on getting your CX-50s! What do you think of them so far? @Editer @redhotblue glad to hear your buying experiences went so well.

@Giancarlo25 Which dealer did you buy from? How was it dealing with them?

Registered
Hey @Editer, @redhotblue and @Giancarlo25, do you guys know what CX-50 allocations are like at your dealer?
The current Mazda of Everett dealer onsite inventory checker show a total of four cars, down from about 7-9 last week. Unfortunately, you'll have to call the dealership directly to find out which are actually available for sale. Its been my experience most if not all are likely "in transit" and spoken for. Meaning that customers have put down a refundable deposit (in my case $500) to hold the car when it arrives at the dealership. This probably applies to other Mazda dealerships elsewhere. Finding an "unclaimed" vehicle just sitting on the lot for purchase is nearly impossible here. According the the sales managers, being the leading volume Mazda dealer in the PNW, they get the highest allocation of CX-50s in the local area. He didn't give me a number nor could I verify his claim. But it appears based on overall sales volume. Bigger dealers will get more CX-50s than smaller ones.

Registered
MSRP at Hello Mazda San Diego.
But with a slight ding on my trade in value. Which is fine. Love the the single point of contact meaning your sales person is doing everything, the sale, the financial part, all the paperwork ect.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts