Mazda CX-50 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2023 CX-50 2.5 Turbo Premium Plus
72 Posts
My cx30 has been in the shop for a week now trying to diagnose a water leak behind the drivers seat. Now my 2.5 week old CX50 has a water leak behind the passenger seat in the back row. I pulled the carpets and have an appointment with the same dealer for June 3rd.
There was water on the sill plate plastic trim so I’m assuming it’s coming in through the door like it is on my cx30.

I’m starting to question my decision to buy 2 Mazdas back to back within 3 months View attachment 275
View attachment 276
Sorry for your trouble. Are there any similarities to when these leaks occurred on both vehicles? (Pressure washer, automated car wash, etc.) or was it just during a rain storm? Trying to gather details so I can look for the same type of leak during certain times.

·
Registered
72 Posts
My cx30 has been in the shop for a week now trying to diagnose a water leak behind the drivers seat. Now my 2.5 week old CX50 has a water leak behind the passenger seat in the back row. I pulled the carpets and have an appointment with the same dealer for June 3rd.
There was water on the sill plate plastic trim so I’m assuming it’s coming in through the door like it is on my cx30.

I’m starting to question my decision to buy 2 Mazdas back to back within 3 months View attachment 275
View attachment 276
I found this TSB for the CX-30 issue from the CX-30 forum I see your on. I would like to think they would not repeat the same issue on the 50.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I stopped by the dealer today. They’re contacting Mazda corporate to see how to move forward since Both my cars are exhibiting the same issue. They might have an engineer come out to see what is going on.
Sounds like you have a good dealer that is willing to admit something is amiss. Definitely following this thread to see what corporate says.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts