Mazda CX-50 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tried my phone charger and it doesn't work at all. I started reading on the online manual and it said got to Mazda Connect owners manual which I did. Under 'SETTINGS' at the very bottom it shows how to set it, but it doesn't mention how to get to the place that you can set it. I searched all around the COMMUNICATIONS option, and couldn't find any mention of turning the charger ON. How do I find this?

Frank

·
Registered
154 Posts
I tried my phone charger and it doesn't work at all. I started reading on the online manual and it said got to Mazda Connect owners manual which I did. Under 'SETTINGS' at the very bottom it shows how to set it, but it doesn't mention how to get to the place that you can set it. I searched all around the COMMUNICATIONS option, and couldn't find any mention of turning the charger ON. How do I find this?

Frank
Are you referring to the wireless charger? & If so what trim do you have?

·
Registered
154 Posts
No, I didn't add that. I just 'assumed' that was included in the Premium Plus package. I guess I'll just use the old fashioned cigarette lighter charger.
Thanks for the info.
Aww I know 😔 I wish that was the case. It's silly how things differ from one Premium Plus trim to another of the "same" but with the turbo.

·
Registered
2023 Mazda CX-50 Turbo Premium Plus
32 Posts
Don't worry, the phone charger overheats easily and only charges for short bursts. Wireless charging is inefficient, unless the phone aligns with the sweet spot of the charger.

I ordered an amazon accessory to plug into my 12 Volt that has a proper MagSafe charger on it. I have a plan on where to put it and how to use it.

iPhone/Pixel/Galaxy... None of them sustain charging on that pad. Partially due to the distance created by modern camera bumps.

·
Registered
CX-50 Turbo Premium Plus
56 Posts
Don't worry, the phone charger overheats easily and only charges for short bursts. Wireless charging is inefficient, unless the phone aligns with the sweet spot of the charger.

I ordered an amazon accessory to plug into my 12 Volt that has a proper MagSafe charger on it. I have a plan on where to put it and how to use it.

iPhone/Pixel/Galaxy... None of them sustain charging on that pad. Partially due to the distance created by modern camera bumps.
I will say, for whatever reason, my wireless charger seems to be performing better 1300 miles in. It will now charge my iPhone 13 Pro for most of my commute (45 minutes one way) before overheating. It used to only go a few minutes. No idea what is going on, because the last week was the hottest it has been since I got the car (over 105 all week).

·
Registered
2023 Mazda CX-50 Turbo Premium Plus
32 Posts
I will say, for whatever reason, my wireless charger seems to be performing better 1300 miles in. It will now charge my iPhone 13 Pro for most of my commute (45 minutes one way) before overheating. It used to only go a few minutes. No idea what is going on, because the last week was the hottest it has been since I got the car (over 105 all week).
Interesting, that is the phone I have. I have turned it both ways and done it with and without the Apple magsafe case. I get 5-10 minutes and then Wireless Charging No Longer Available.

I live in the south, so I'm not too far behind your heat, although it was cooler last week as it rained every day (much needed).

·
Registered
CX-50 Turbo Premium Plus
56 Posts
Interesting, that is the phone I have. I have turned it both ways and done it with and without the Apple magsafe case. I get 5-10 minutes and then Wireless Charging No Longer Available.

I live in the south, so I'm not too far behind your heat, although it was cooler last week as it rained every day (much needed).
Thats exactly what mine was doing. This week was better. We will see. Maybe next will be worse!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts