Mazda CX-50 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, anyone had recent success obtaining the 7 pin harness for the turbo? The info “out there” is pretty confusing and inconsistent. it seems the original harness was discontinued bc of failure to activate “tow mode” but I’ve read posts where some have it and works ok. Also on Reddit someone posted the 4 pin ( meant for NA engine) working on a turbo model and tripping tow mode. I’ve heard from retailers 2-4 month wait. My dealer hasn’t responded to my call and text. Just curious if anyone else is in this same boat. Thanks in advance!

· Registered
19 Posts
I got one from my dealer, Sheehy Mazda in Hagerstown Md. and had it ordered, and I let them install it. Funny how you have to research AND ask for the right one (7 vs 4-pin). When you do finally get one, keep in mind that pretty much the whole trunk interior needs to come out for the install. Better to have the dealer do it and warranty it.

· Registered
2023 Mazda CX-50 TPP
8 Posts
I just purchased a CX-50 Turbo and am having the same issue. I've been calling all over the country trying to find one, and keep being told "the harness isn't available yet", which seemed odd to me since the car has been available for months and was marketed for individuals who would probably be adding a hitch. Thanks to your post I understand why the harness isn't available.

· Registered
2023 Mazda CX-50 TPP
8 Posts
I got one from my dealer, Sheehy Mazda in Hagerstown Md. and had it ordered, and I let them install it. Funny how you have to research AND ask for the right one (7 vs 4-pin). When you do finally get one, keep in mind that pretty much the whole trunk interior needs to come out for the install. Better to have the dealer do it and warranty it.
You must have gotten one of the last ones, I tried your dealer a few days ago, and they told me they didn't have any.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts