Mazda CX-50 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tried to order a 4 pin harness and hitch from Mazda Swag and website would not let me add the harness to my cart. I emailed swag and they responded that the harness is not yet available from Mazda...maybe mid-to-late October. I have seen others towing so what are they using? The 7 pin? If so what's the advantage/disadvantage?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I got the 7-pin for my CX-50 turbo, the 7-pin has a 12-volt circuit, a circuit for electric trailer brakes, and a reverse light circuit that a 4-pin does not. Just provides more versatility if you ever use a larger trailer/camper. You can also get a 7-pin to 4-pin adapter to use 4-pin trailers, so pretty much worth it to just get the 7-pin! https://a.co/d/jaa6Eui

·
Registered
5 Posts

·
Registered
2023, Mazda GS-L
8 Posts
I tried to order a 4 pin harness and hitch from Mazda Swag and website would not let me add the harness to my cart. I emailed swag and they responded that the harness is not yet available from Mazda...maybe mid-to-late October. I have seen others towing so what are they using? The 7 pin? If so what's the advantage/disadvantage?
I got the Mazda hitch and Mazda 4 pin harness installed by my dealer in Calgary, Alberta on 23rd August 2023. Vehicle model is GS-L (non-turbo)

·
Registered
3 Posts
I also ordered 7 pin wiring harness from Mazda Swag and then 3 days later received a note saying they didn't have the harness and it wouldn't be available until mid Oct. Oddly, when I told my Mazda dealership I could buy the harness online they said it wasn't yet available. Seems weird to advertise a part that doesn't exist, wish Mazda would get this part and others in stock.

·
Registered
2023 CX-50 Zircon Sand/Terracotta PPT
84 Posts
The Mazda 7 pin harness and hitch was once definitely available here in the US--I had my dealer order both for me when I bought the car back in May, because I wanted to roll the cost into the vehicle purchase and they also gave me a special price as a result. It took ~3 weeks to receive them. The OEM accessory listing showing projected release dates also shows them both as "early May" and that means 2022. I'm assuming that the initial production run was sold out and it is taking longer to have more available, so that's why online dealers show it active as being orderable. Maybe try calling the parts department of the specific dealer you purchased your vehicle from? BTW at least the 7 pin harness (but I'd assume the same is true for the 4) is labeled as a Curt product.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Seems like there may be a supply issue... I was able to get the factory hitch and 7 pin when I bought mine at the beginning of September.

I would recommend checking with curt. Supposedly they are the ones who supply the the Mazda version of the hitch. But they have their verison in stock.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts