Mazda CX-50 Forum banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Agreed, based upon what I'm seeing online and in general for various car makes and phones. I mean, some report things work just fine, but a lot of others, nope. Just seems odd as home wireless chargers work fine, so why can't the ones in a lot of vehicles apparently cannot? It seems the tech is mature enough that they should. Maybe it is just more simple and the movement of the phone while a vehicle is moving impacts ideal charging positions, plus on a flat open home charger the user has more adjustment room than in a vehicle cubby/slot/etc. Dunno.
The high watermark for wireless car charging IMO was 2014. I had a Nexus phone and I jerry-rigged the QI charger to my impreza's vent. The charger was magnetic so I could just slap my phone on it and drive. The Nexus battery was pathetic back then so it was a godsend to have the phone charged at 100% by the end of wherever I was driving to.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Agreed, based upon what I'm seeing online and in general for various car makes and phones. I mean, some report things work just fine, but a lot of others, nope. Just seems odd as home wireless chargers work fine, so why can't the ones in a lot of vehicles apparently cannot? It seems the tech is mature enough that they should. Maybe it is just more simple and the movement of the phone while a vehicle is moving impacts ideal charging positions, plus on a flat open home charger the user has more adjustment room than in a vehicle cubby/slot/etc. Dunno.
As simple as it might sound, all you need is extra cooling to make wireless charger works

·
Registered
33 Posts
The high watermark for wireless car charging IMO was 2014. I had a Nexus phone and I jerry-rigged the QI charger to my impreza's vent. The charger was magnetic so I could just slap my phone on it and drive. The Nexus battery was pathetic back then so it was a godsend to have the phone charged at 100% by the end of wherever I was driving to.
I use apple MagSafe cable and a 20W car charger. It works really well. The funny thing is MagSafe cable actually works with my Samsung S flip 2!

21 - 23 of 23 Posts