I feel like it’s day to day with this car. Some days I love and others I can’t wait to unload it.
- Ride quality is not good for what the car is, a slower compact CUV. I shouldn’t feel like my teeth are going to be shaken out on concrete freeway. Also, this is marketed as off-road capable. This suspension is far too stiff for that application. To make it worse, I do not think the 20” wheels are the culprit.
- Wireless charger cost should be refunded to all those who have it. It flat out doesn’t work.
- Rattles. Far too many rattles for a car that costs this much. I currently have one in the sunroof and one in the dash. Also, the doors rattle when they get shut (the back is worse than front).
- The lack of acoustic glass is a big omission at this price point.
- It lacks some accessories that other manufacturers include standard, namely cargo cover and cargo mat. Not a huge deal but annoying.
On the bright side, the car is gorgeous and I love the look of the interior. The infotainment is one of the best I have ever used. The interior space is pretty good for its size. And having a pano roof is awesome!
Unfortunately, as it sits right now, I would not recommend a CX-50 to anyone. It has too many issues and shortcomings for its price point.