Mazda CX-50 Forum banner

"Rear/Rear Corner Ultrasonic Sensor" has "fallen through"

1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Chazculva 
#1 ·
Not sure how I add a topic here, but my left side "Rear/Rear Corner Ultrasonic Sensor" has "fallen through" (US 2023 CX-50 loaded Turbo) , and now only a hole exists, where it used to be. Believe it may have been pushed through via a non-brush car wash. Is the "access door" to the right of the sensor, the way to access the sensor? Any trick in opening the access door? Looks like a small screw driver head might open it, but I'm not mechanical and don't want to do anything stupid. Yes, because of the sensor having fallen into the "bumper well", it is a real challenge to smoothly back up without the car suddenly coming to a jolting stop. Just want to be able to pull it up to the hole, do I can get the 50 to the dealer. (still under warranty)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Right, no car wash mention. I tried the "underneath the bumper", but no luck. The sensor keeps believing I'm backing into something, and the 50 suddenly brakes, some of the time. It's always a surprise, so I'm trying to pull it out of the "abyss" and point it to the rear of the car; maybe secure it with some strong tape. I'll try the panel. Curious to know why it's placed where it is. There's also one on the other side of the bumper for the other sensor.
Thanks.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.