Mazda CX-50 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My only complaint with my cx50 is both plastic fenders on the drivers side have some flaws it seems. The front one has two lines forming a x pattern, very minor but I see it every time i walk up to the car. The rear has one long spot were it just seems discolored.

I saw these the day of delivery, before they washed the car and after. Documented with photos and so did the salesperson. They thought a plastic restorer would solve it but negative. Its a shame bc its so minor but its a new car so. These fenders look pretty easy to replace so first oil change we'll see what happens.
Anyone else with fender issues?

Attachments

·
Registered
2023 CX-50 2.5 Turbo Premium Plus
93 Posts
I didn’t have marks from delivery but have gotten some since on my front right fender. A little elbow grease with a mix of spray wax and detailer paired with a good microfiber towel and there almost invisible.

·
Registered
2023 CX-50 Zircon Sand/Terracotta PPT
84 Posts
Yes, I hate when you see something like this and then can't unsee it. It is relatively minor, but YOU SEE IT EVERY TIME you look at your vehicle.

Hard to tell from the photos--does it appear to be surface damage, like something scraped it, or more like a flaw in the original plastic injection molding? That X looks almost like a purposeful marking, like someone wrote or marked it with something at some point.

·
Registered
2023 CX-50 Zircon Sand/Terracotta PPT
84 Posts
HA, had the same thought about the X but if a problem with the plastic pigment mix during molding, just a coincidence. I would definitely have the dealer replace them once parts are available since it seems to be a manufacturing defect. I accidentally damaged the edge of triangular sail trim in the front corner of my drivers window and want to replace that, but dealer says they have no ETA on when parts like that will be available.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts