Mazda CX-50 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
164 Posts
Hi
Are there any parking sensors to upgrade cx50? My wife is really missing them.
You may be in luck Charlie! They do have some for almost every current Mazda model, though the cx50 isn't listed in the drop down it does say to you can select "other model" & sibce basically all the Mazdas being produced now are very much alike the link below is worth looking into. *And yes multiple people from this forum and the cx-30 have bought from that site it is legit it takes a few weeks to get the items.

· Registered
1 Posts
We bought a turbo premium and were also disappointed to not have backup parking sensors since they come standard on most trims of any new vehicle these days. Mazda sells kits for some models for about $500 or so to add the sensors, but there isn't one as of today for the CX-50. I bought one off amazon for $30 or so and installed it myself. There are lots of them available so browse around. This one had audio only (no display unit - we didn't want one).
Amazon Parking Sensors

Automotive tail & brake light Car Vehicle Tire Vehicle registration plate
Automotive parking light Automotive tail & brake light Tire Car Vehicle

It was a little work especially since the reverse lights on the CX-50 are in the tailgate, so I had to get a temporary subscription to the maintenance manual to figure out where the wires were coming from so I could tap into them. A manual I found online for the CX-5 kit has you remove the bumper to install the sensors, but that's not necessary. You have to get dirty to climb underneath to work the wires through. Got the job done and it works great. Here's some info in case anyone wants to do the same thing:

Motor vehicle Hood Automotive tire Automotive lighting Automotive design
Motor vehicle Hood Automotive tire Automotive lighting Automotive design

Rectangle Slope Font Parallel Pattern
Rectangle Font Parallel Schematic Pattern

Map World Slope Parallel Urban design

Font Line Parallel Engineering Machine

Attachments

· Registered
23 Meridian in Zircon & 22 M3 in Soul
55 Posts
I remember the good old days when bumpers were steel and you used them as proximity sensory devices.🤣

· Registered
2014 & 2019 CX-5, 2023 CX-50 TPP
90 Posts
We bought a turbo premium and were also disappointed to not have backup parking sensors since they come standard on most trims of any new vehicle these days. Mazda sells kits for some models for about $500 or so to add the sensors, but there isn't one as of today for the CX-50. I bought one off amazon for $30 or so and installed it myself. There are lots of them available so browse around.
Nice writeup! You should move this (copy/delete) to the new Mods & Accessories sub forum.

· Registered
2023 CX-50 2.5 Turbo Premium Plus
160 Posts
This is another "safety system" that I have to turn off on a regular basis. Whenever I back into the garage, this system will slam, and I do mean SLAM on the brakes, very annoying.
You can permanently turn off the rear brake assist without turning off your parking sensors. It will stay off and not default back to 'on' after a restart. First time I backed into my garage mine slammed on. That was the last time that feature was on. Look in the connect safety settings.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts