Mazda CX-50 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello y’all! Just noticed my CX-50 is leaking oil. I am just shy of 3,000 mile and have had the vehicle for exactly 3 months. I also have a 2019 CX-9, that due to a faulty plug washer, also had oil leaking at one point. Taking it to the dealer next week. Hoping for the best.

· Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Minor update. Just got off the phone with the service manager and was informed that after taking off the oil pan they noticed “scratches” where there should be none. Mazda is sending someone to take a look at it. The service manager mentioned possibly replacing the engine? Yikes!

· Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I went into the service bay to take a look at the oil pan. It wasn’t a hole but rather the rim of the pan was damaged. Oil was leaking from that area as the it was no longer sealed. The damaged part of the rim was now sharpened and jutting out. Not sure if this caused the scratches or friction with engine component or if engine component caused the damage to the oil pan. Mazda corporate is sending someone out this upcoming week to look at it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts