Mazda CX-50 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m hearing $150 for synthetic oil change here in Montreal!!?? Make sense??? Turbo cx50. Seems really high. I’m used to doing oil changes myself but this is a lease.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Registered
2023 Mazda CX-50 Turbo Premium Plus
58 Posts
My Mazda dealer discouraged me from using synthetic. The service manager told me that for warranty situations, that I should just fill with the Mazda Oil they recommend.

He had no reason to lie to me, as I offered to pay the extra to bump up to synthetic (my first two oil changes and first two tire rotations are free).

I want to use synthetic, though. Did your dealer offer and information on this.

I am trying to preserve this car, so I'm willing to pay an extra 19 per oil change for synthetic.

· Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This is a lease so they put what has to be done. Lol. I assumed synthetic was the way to go for these turbos, not sure why your guy said that… either way I’m surprised by their pricing. Called another location and it was the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Registered
2023 CX-50 2.5 Turbo Premium Plus
156 Posts
My Mazda dealer discouraged me from using synthetic. The service manager told me that for warranty situations, that I should just fill with the Mazda Oil they recommend.

He had no reason to lie to me, as I offered to pay the extra to bump up to synthetic (my first two oil changes and first two tire rotations are free).

I want to use synthetic, though. Did your dealer offer and information on this.

I am trying to preserve this car, so I'm willing to pay an extra 19 per oil change for synthetic.
Pretty sure the CX-50 Turbo takes Genuine Full Syn Mazda oil.

Font Circle Terrestrial plant Number Symmetry

· Registered
2023 Mazda CX-50 Turbo Premium Plus
58 Posts
Yes, I just looked it up on the web. He said the oil that goes in it will be the Mazda recommended oil, which is synthetic (looked that up too). I should be good to go.

I'm 1500 miles from the first change. I'll take him some screenshots. I do plan on taking excellent care of this vehicle. I bought it and plan to keep it a while.

· Registered
2023 CX-50 2.5 Turbo Premium Plus
156 Posts
Yes, I just looked it up on the web. He said the oil that goes in it will be the Mazda recommended oil, which is synthetic (looked that up too). I should be good to go.

I'm 1500 miles from the first change. I'll take him some screenshots. I do plan on taking excellent care of this vehicle. I bought it and plan to keep it a while.
Likewise, I always get 10+ years out of my cars. Best of luck!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts