Mazda CX-50 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2023 CX-50 2.5 Turbo Premium Plus
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m picking up my turbo premium plus next week. Polymetal grey with black/brown interior. I've test-driven three 50's in the last week and love it more and more every time I drive it. This will be my first Mazda so I'm hoping that brand reliability will carry to this new model.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I’m picking up my turbo premium plus next week. Polymetal grey with black/brown interior. I've test-driven three 50's in the last week and love it more and more every time I drive it. This will be my first Mazda so I'm hoping that brand reliability will carry to this new model.
😍😍 That is so awesome I was just finally able to test drive one myself yesterday and it was amazing. Unfortunately they said they won't have any turbos for sale for about 2 to 3 months 😔 I'll be trying out my other Mazda dealership at the end of the month into what they have to say. We cannot wait to see pictures of your new baby and it would be awesome if you could post in the pricing thread as well on what you paid💋💋

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'll be sure to give my honest opinion once I get it. On a separate note, is this the main CX-50 forum for Mazda for US buyers? It appears this site is based in Canada, nothing wrong with that, I just want to make sure I'm in the right spot. This is my first Mazda and can't seem to find a forum that looks like it is active with CX-50 owners. Maybe their just all out there driving all the time!!!

·
Registered
2020 CX-30 GS
67 Posts
I'll be sure to give my honest opinion once I get it. On a separate note, is this the main CX-50 forum for Mazda for US buyers? It appears this site is based in Canada, nothing wrong with that, I just want to make sure I'm in the right spot. This is my first Mazda and can't seem to find a forum that looks like it is active with CX-50 owners. Maybe their just all out there driving all the time!!!
it's for US and Canadian buyers, it would be worldwide but as this model is only sold for the North American market that doesn't work, however I'm not sure if it will be sold in Mexico.

Be patient this model has just started to sell in the US, (still not available at dealers in Canada, suppose to be in May) to till there is some volume and also the fact those owners find this forum, you are not going to see much posting for some time. It is also being built at a new factory, so will take some time to built up sufficient volume.

·
Registered
155 Posts
it's for US and Canadian buyers, it would be worldwide but as this model is only sold for the North American market that doesn't work, however I'm not sure if it will be sold in Mexico.

Be patient this model has just started to sell in the US, (still not available at dealers in Canada, suppose to be in May) to till there is some volume and also the fact those owners find this forum, you are not going to see much posting for some time. It is also being built at a new factory, so will take some time to built up sufficient volume.
Now that's the truth! Our sister forum for the CX-30 is popping 🍾 & I'm sure this one will be as well soon 💋💋

·
Registered
31 Posts
AFAIK this site isn't market specific and is meant for all CX-50 owners worldwide.

Did you end up taking delivery or will be soon? Looking forward to pics of it!

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
AFAIK this site isn't market specific and is meant for all CX-50 owners worldwide.

Did you end up taking delivery or will be soon? Looking forward to pics of it!
I took delivery on the 20th. 90 miles down and loving every minute in the driver's seat.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Congrats on picking up you're CX-50 @AWSD! What's stood out to you the most when driving it so far?
I’m coming from a 2011 Honda CR-V, so a lot. I know the power is there, but I’m babying the engine up to 1000 miles. If I had to pick one thing so far, it’s the feeling in the driver's seat that you're driving a sporty car and not a medium-size crossover.

·
Registered
4 Posts
New owner of a 2023 CX-50, Turbo Premium. We've had for a month, it replaces my wife's 2017 CX-5. Here's a quick hit on what I like/don't like.

Like:
  • Drives great, better than the CX-5. Very tight steering, precise feeling. Firm but good suspension - no rattles. Not as abrupt as the CX-5.
  • Interior is well laid out, quality level is great. Does not feel cheap - comparable to some luxury cars.
  • Love the outside look of the car, especially in the polymetal gray metallic color
  • Turbo is great, sport mode is responsive - fun car to drive
  • Plenty of room for a small SUV, more cargo capacity than the CX-5 it replaces

Dislikes:
  • There is not a way to turn off the heads-up display permanently for a driver (something I can do in my car). Even if turned off, it comes back on next time the car is started. I put a black mouse pad on the dash as a solution. I like the heads up display, but it distracts my wife (her contact lenses are mono-vision which I think is the issue).
  • Apple and Android interfaces work fine - the head unit feels a bit slow. But it works fine.
  • While I love the look of the seats, the stitching down the middle is noticeable, at least on the front passenger side. Not sure if it will loosen up, but it definitely creates some discomfort after an hour of driving.

I'm in the process of installing the Mazda trailer hitch (done) and harness myself. I'm also going to install the wireless charger - I've heard good and bad about that. The install location is perfect for a phone so hopefully it does the job. I'll have to wait till my first service to see if they'll activate with minimal charge.

Hoping to do some trailer camping with it next year.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts