Mazda CX-50 Forum banner

New member - 5th Mazda

907 views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  Turbofan 
#1 ·
Hi all, from Grand Rapids, Mi. I just picked up a base Turbo. The infotainment unit died my first day with the car, which was unfortunate, but a new one is on the way under warranty. In the meantime, I’m enjoying driving in the quiet. I ordered a set of Tux Mats and am looking forward to installing them later this week when they come.
This is my 5th Mazda, going back to a 2002 Protege, through a CX-7t, a 6 and a 3 before moving to the CX-50. In truth, I went in wanting a CX-5, (more content for the money), but my wife and I both sorta hated the seats.
I struggled to choose between a 2.5P+ vs. the base Turbo for similar bucks, given some of the nice features of the P+. But my lizard brain won in the end and my love of torque ruled my checkbook. Each time I leave a stop, I feel it in my gut that I made the right call for me.

Sky Vehicle Tire Car Vehicle registration plate

Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Car seat cover Automotive design

Automotive parking light Sky Plant Vehicle Vehicle registration plate

See less See more
#6 ·
I Wanted a blue one, but none was available and I wasn’t in a position to wait. I like the gray well enough. I love the blue.

Welcome! Sorry to hear about the infotainment system failing so suddenly.
The Service director at the dealership confided in me there was a run of suspect CMUs which caused problems last year in CX-5s, but I was the first issue on the CX-50. It’s been nearly a week and the part is still on order.
I can’t wait for it to get fixed. There’s a lot of carping about the base audio system, but after the “great silence” I’m sure I’ll appreciate the base stereo just fine!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.