Mazda CX-50 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Friday we picked up our CX-50 with the Bose sound system and I've got a couple of problems that are testing me.

The first one, when I was adding Favorites I got a couple of duplicates entered. It's not the end of the world, but how do you delete the duplicates? I had a screen pop up that showed what looked like it might have the delete option, but it was on the right side of the display and I couldn't see how to get over there.

The second problem is that it doesn't seem to recognize my IPOD NANO when it's plugged into the USB ports in the console. When I plug a flash drive with MP3 files on it, it recognizes that and also my IPOD charges when it's plugged in. When I have both plugged into the USB ports and I look at the SOURCE list, the USB slot that has Flash drive plugged in is lit up, and the one that has the IPOD plugged in is darker.

Frank

·
Registered
2023 CX-50 Zircon Sand/Terracotta PPT
84 Posts
While the CX-50 and both the 2021 & 2022 CX-5 manuals mention the Nano in the trademark list (regarding the "Made for iPod/iPhone"), I don't see any indication that any Nano gen is compatible with the current Connect system. I know my old iPod Classic definitely isn't. I ran across people having this same issue with their CX-30s. You could try putting the Nano into disk mode, but still not sure the car would recognize it then as a regular USB drive and also any music files on it.

I don't know if this is another account of yours, but similar user name with the same dup favorites question--someone on that thread kindly provided an answer:

Favorites

Also, to navigate to the left or right Connect system menu items, you gently push the Command knob sideways kinda like a joystick.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the help and info. Yes, both accounts are mine. The KA9J01 isn't the name that I wanted to appear, but....

OK on the IPOD. I was kind of surprised when it didn't appear on the SOURCE list, but it is getting pretty old and technology marches onward. I was able to delete my duplicate favorites.

Frank

·
Registered
5 Posts
Friday we picked up our CX-50 with the Bose sound system and I've got a couple of problems that are testing me.

The first one, when I was adding Favorites I got a couple of duplicates entered. It's not the end of the world, but how do you delete the duplicates? I had a screen pop up that showed what looked like it might have the delete option, but it was on the right side of the display and I couldn't see how to get over there.

The second problem is that it doesn't seem to recognize my IPOD NANO when it's plugged into the USB ports in the console. When I plug a flash drive with MP3 files on it, it recognizes that and also my IPOD charges when it's plugged in. When I have both plugged into the USB ports and I look at the SOURCE list, the USB slot that has Flash drive plugged in is lit up, and the one that has the IPOD plugged in is darker.

Frank
I commend you for still using an ipod nano. That thing must be older than most of my nieces and nephews.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I commend you for still using an ipod nano. That thing must be older than most of my nieces and nephews.
I originally started using it on my Yamaha Venture (which is also old). The bike originally had a built in radio with a cassette deck. I removed the cassette deck and cut an aluminum plate to cover the hole. Then I added the electrical circuitry necessary to have a 1/8 inch plug to connect the IPOD. I added piece of heavy duty velcro to hold the Nano and I could listen to songs on my bike stereo. My Panasonic car radios in my other vehicles have a USB port to connect optional things to, so it was easy to connect my IPOD to them. When I saw the USB ports on the Mazda, I 'assumed' it would connect to the Mazda.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts