Mazda CX-50 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Somehow I’ve got a low oil light 5,000 miles in. I texted my salesman (as I leave early for work and the dealership is still closed.) about the issue, hopefully they will take care of it quickly. My family has mostly bought new cars, and I’ve never heard of an engine component failure this early in life. Impressively bad in my eyes. Mazda has a long way to go into earning my trust back. They are supposed to be the quality reliable choice!

· Registered
2023 CX-50 2.5 Turbo Premium Plus
156 Posts
Did you check the dipstick to confirm it's low? You're at 5K, IMO I would just take it in for an oil change anyway. Kill two birds with one stone.

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Taking it in on Monday, I was unable to read the level because one side was lined with oil and the other side is splotchy. I started it back up, no light, I drove to work (it didn't come back in) and called Mazda, they only recommended an oil change. Kind of frustrating. I will check the dipstick on a work break and reply back with level (after sitting/cooling) instead of checking on the side of the highway with no good lighting.

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Checked the level after it sat and cooled. It is just below the L dot. Meaning it lost [some] amount of oil, it may have started at L and lost a smidge, it may have started in the middle and lost 1/2 a quart. I will have to keep an eye out on it both post oil change #1 and just prior to oil change #2.

· Registered
59 Posts
Been following this especially because of the 2021 lawsuits/ tsb's involving oil consumption.
Im in a turbo 2023 model bought middle of july. Oil at beginning was about 1/8 inch above the top hole and still at that mark today with 2k miles.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts