Mazda CX-50 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've only had my CX-50 a few days now, but I notice the lane departure warnings go off seemly ever few minutes during normal driving in town. At first it was the steering wheel vibrations and light on the dash, but then I changed it to the tone instead of the vibration. Not sure which one is more annoying. I'm about ready to just turn this feature off. Is it normal for these warnings to go off so often?

· Registered
2014 & 2019 CX-5, 2023 CX-50 TPP
76 Posts
Only if you are hugging the line. If you are centered in the road and it's alerting, I would think it's time to visit your dealer.

· Registered
2023 Mazda CX-50 TPP
8 Posts
I can relate, I've had my CX-50 for about 10 days, got tired of the constant steering wheel vibration. For the first few days I was wondering if I was really that bad of a driver, and it also irritated me that I had to constantly use my blinker with no other vehicles around whenever I changed lanes. So after about a week, I simply turned that system off.

· Registered
13 Posts
It is annoying and takes some getting used to. But, it is much more subtle than other systems. BMW and Volvo will jerk you back into your lane with about 5x the force of the Mazda system. If you tried to change lanes without blinker, it would look like you were a drunk driver as it first jerked you back into your lane and then you muscled the car into the new lane. Having experienced those systems, the Mazda is easier to accept. All cars will be coming with this technology eventually, as annoying as it is.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts