Mazda CX-50 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having issue getting this feature to do what it says it’s supposed to do. It seems pretty straightforward. Hold the “set” button on the dash, it beeps, hold the unlock button on the key fob, it beeps. Everything seems to work in the set up process. Have my wife as one setting and me another. She can leave the vehicle, it’s set to her, an hour later I go to take the vehicle with my key fob and it doesn’t adjust either the mirrors or seats to my position.

Not sure what I’m doing wrong. Is there an issue I’m missing or do you have any suggestions on what needs to be done to fix this?

· Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I’ve tried it both ways.

If I press the set button, then memory 1 or 2 it immediately gives me the programming confirmation tone. If I add the key fob unlock press at the end of that sequence, it just unlocks the door without a confirmation tone.

In order to get a confirmation tone at the end of the sequence with the key fob I need to press the set button, then go directly to the unlock button on the desired key fob to get the confirmation tone.

So my assumption is that the 2nd method is correct however I’ve done both and neither will start the seat and mirror adjustment upon entry with a specific key fob.

· Registered
20 Posts
Looks like you're doing it right based on the video, but maybe you're missing part of the beginning sequence? Maybe having the ignition to on? Just a thought to try.

Programming
  1. Make sure the parking brake is on.
  2. Make sure the selector lever is in the P position.
  3. Switch the ignition ON.
  4. Adjust the following parts to the desired conditions.
    • Driver's seat
    • Active driving display
    • Outside mirrors

· Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Looks like you're doing it right based on the video, but maybe you're missing part of the beginning sequence? Maybe having the ignition to on? Just a thought to try.

Programming
  1. Make sure the parking brake is on.
  2. Make sure the selector lever is in the P position.
  3. Switch the ignition ON.
  4. Adjust the following parts to the desired conditions.
    • Driver's seat
    • Active driving display
    • Outside mirrors
Yeah I didn’t show that at the beginning but the ignition was on, parking brake applied, and in park.

· Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Alright so I noticed one thing. It adjusts the position to the appropriate key fob if I approach the car and hit the unlock button on the key fob itself. Just won’t do it when I approach with the key fob an hit the unlock on the door. So it knows the right position. Just doesn’t operate like they say it should.

If I need to use the key fob I might as well just enter with it in my pocket and hit the position number on the dash.

· Registered
20 Posts
Alright so I noticed one thing. It adjusts the position to the appropriate key fob if I approach the car and hit the unlock button on the key fob itself. Just won’t do it when I approach with the key fob an hit the unlock on the door. So it knows the right position. Just doesn’t operate like they say it should.

If I need to use the key fob I might as well just enter with it in my pocket and hit the position number on the dash.
Interesting quirk. Totally agree with your way of handling it.

I guess it literally programs it to the button on the fob, not just the fob itself. I guess for someone with two drastically different driver heights the fob is useful, otherwise, just get in and hit the number.

Good to know! Thanks for sharing.

· Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah my wife drives with her seat so far forward that I couldn’t begin to climb in without first moving the seat so the key fob is kinda a big deal. With our Ford Flex they have the MyKey feature which is the same thing and we loved it. Was sort of a must have feature on the list we had while shopping for a replacement.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts