Mazda CX-50 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to share success I had with adding navigation to my 2.5 Select CX 50. I ordered the SD card linked here from Amazon to see if it would work, and sure enough, I now have fully functional integrated navigation in my car!

All you do is insert it into the SD slot inside the center armrest storage area and it loads all the maps right away. It even is fully functional with the built-in voice control and everything.

Hope this is helpful!

· Registered
156 Posts
Just wanted to share success I had with adding navigation to my 2.5 Select CX 50. I ordered the SD card linked here from Amazon to see if it would work, and sure enough, I now have fully functional integrated navigation in my car!

All you do is insert it into the SD slot inside the center armrest storage area and it loads all the maps right away. It even is fully functional with the built-in voice control and everything.

Hope this is helpful!
😍 Lovely simply lovely

· Registered
4 Posts
Do you have the traffic on the map, coming from Sirius Travel Link? My sat. radio apears to refuse the Traffic Plus item from their Travel Link (to which I subscribed explicitly for $6/mo, but it may have been part of the trial Sirius subscription that they give us). The Sirius rep claimed, after a long chat, that my sat. radio has something disabled and that the dealer would be able to enable it for use of Traffic Plus, which sounds fishy to me. (Firmware update?)

I have TP with a navigation SD card from Amazon, which works perfectly except for the traffic info.

(I know I can use Android Auto with Google maps and traffic, but it doesn't play well with the control wheel, the native nav. is so much better.)

· Registered
4 Posts
Right, I have the speed limit and the nav. directions displayed on the HUD, but not the traffic signs. I think the traffic sign recognition is a separate option (not included on my CX50 TP) -- the camera would read the actual signs on the road, rather than using info on the SD card. The speed limit comes with the map database on the card.

· Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
with the chip you got from amazon , does the stop sign show up in the heads up display?
No. But it does show speed limit in instrument cluster now, and does a nifty trick where the speedometer shows any speed over the limit in red. It also displays turn by turn directions in the instrument cluster. But no traffic data or stop signs

· Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
with the chip you got from amazon , does the stop sign show up in the heads up display?
Do you have the traffic on the map, coming from Sirius Travel Link? My sat. radio apears to refuse the Traffic Plus item from their Travel Link (to which I subscribed explicitly for $6/mo, but it may have been part of the trial Sirius subscription that they give us). The Sirius rep claimed, after a long chat, that my sat. radio has something disabled and that the dealer would be able to enable it for use of Traffic Plus, which sounds fishy to me. (Firmware update?)

I have TP with a navigation SD card from Amazon, which works perfectly except for the traffic info.

(I know I can use Android Auto with Google maps and traffic, but it doesn't play well with the control wheel, the native nav. is so much better.)
No, my CX 50 does not have XM radio integration at all and the navigation SD card does not seem to have added any traffic functionality

· Registered
6 Posts
Amazon cards work great and way cheaper than dealership.. I used for my Mazda3 ( it was around $40 in Amazon and dealership was charging $400)

Unfortunately the top trim CX-50 comes with maps .. such a waste

1 - 11 of 11 Posts