Mazda CX-50 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everybody! I'm really excited to be part of this group as I've been waiting for this car for quite some time.
While I did not get ahold of a turbo or a meridian (also turbo and not due out till late summer early fall) i did get one of the colors I wanted.
I just ordered a TON of accessories from Mazdas website (through the dealership) and I'm getting ready to put them on this weekendweekend!
All weather floormats
Cargo cover
Cargo floor and seatback liners
Roof rack crossbars
Wireless charger and install kit
Falken Wildpeak AT tires
Method or Fifteen52 wheels (haven't decided yet)
Mazda CX30 paddle shifters (same as cx50, extentions and install kit)
Custom Alcantara suede middle armrest, and door/dash inserts to replace the stock ones (terracotta colored).
Mudflaps front and rear
Sparco tow strap
Custom Meridian-style hood decal (stay tuned for pics...let's just say it's a throwback to a famous 94 movie that has a new movie coming out soon)

Eventually will add front fog or ditch lights
Flat roof rack (same as on meridian)
Gloss black vinyl wrap for all plastic body cladding

·
Registered
2023 CX-50 2.5 Turbo Premium Plus
44 Posts
Hey everybody! I'm really excited to be part of this group as I've been waiting for this car for quite some time.
While I did not get ahold of a turbo or a meridian (also turbo and not due out till late summer early fall) i did get one of the colors I wanted.
I just ordered a TON of accessories from Mazdas website (through the dealership) and I'm getting ready to put them on this weekendweekend!
All weather floormats
Cargo cover
Cargo floor and seatback liners
Roof rack crossbars
Wireless charger and install kit
Falken Wildpeak AT tires
Method or Fifteen52 wheels (haven't decided yet)
Mazda CX30 paddle shifters (same as cx50, extentions and install kit)
Custom Alcantara suede middle armrest, and door/dash inserts to replace the stock ones (terracotta colored).
Mudflaps front and rear
Sparco tow strap
Custom Meridian-style hood decal (stay tuned for pics...let's just say it's a throwback to a famous 94 movie that has a new movie coming out soon)

Eventually will add front fog or ditch lights
Flat roof rack (same as on meridian)
Gloss black vinyl wrap for all plastic body cladding
Welcome and congrats on your CX-50! Can't wait to see pics once you get everything installed.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Lucky You!! Congrats.
I have a deposit on a non-turbo but am concerned if there is enough power.
Do you have enough acceleration?
If you WANT power and aren't too concerned with mpg, GET THE TURBO. You can use regular fuel too with reduce HP and Torque but still ample power. I really am in a pinch in regards to $$ because I have a baby on the way and took a new job that's a 1hour commute so fuel economy was top priority.
The non-turbo is good. Better than most compact crossovers with a 4 cyl. And for its weight, it's really good. It takes some time to pass vehicles on the highway but through downtown areas and winding roads, this vehicle is sublime. It's comfortable, well-mannered and in sport mode, a blast. If you don't need the turbo, don't get it. Best info I can give you.

·
Registered
10 Posts
If you WANT power and aren't too concerned with mpg, GET THE TURBO. You can use regular fuel too with reduce HP and Torque but still ample power. I really am in a pinch in regards to $$ because I have a baby on the way and took a new job that's a 1hour commute so fuel economy was top priority.
The non-turbo is good. Better than most compact crossovers with a 4 cyl. And for its weight, it's really good. It takes some time to pass vehicles on the highway but through downtown areas and winding roads, this vehicle is sublime. It's comfortable, well-mannered and in sport mode, a blast. If you don't need the turbo, don't get it. Best info I can give you.
Thanks for the information. Very much appreciated it. Congrats on the baby on the way!!
Your comment about passing on the highway is a key concern. Would sport mode provide more speed to pass on the highway?
I had a BMW Z4 and in 2011 the turbo must have been new to BMW because they have been known to have turbo issues after 100k miles. That is why I have a concern about turbos today.

Thanks again and I am thinking with your new CX-50 that hour commute is actually enjoyable!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The commute is very enjoyable with the 50. The Bose sound system is really good.
Thank you for the kind words about Mt baby on the way!
Newer turbos are pretty solid. Garret is still a big name in that industry for OEM but there are more including Mitsubishi and a few others. But 100k on a turbo is good. Usually around then most have propeller/fan issues (or is it an impeller ??). Some newer ones like from inifiti and Nissan are variable pressure turbos while BMW has electric ones that are super fancy. Still require premium fuel but whatever, BMW. Lol.
So, as for passing on the highway with Sport mode...its better. It just keeps the "resting" RPMs over 2800, maybe even 3000. It's not scary slow, but it's not lightning fast. The turbo will certainly address that nicely. I test drove the turbo and WOW. Felt like a sports car especially with the seating position.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Thanks again......it would be a tough decision knowing the one I put a deposit on is due within two weeks. I ordered the Pearl White in the same package as your CX-50. Sure would be nice to test drive; crazy times.
Have a great weekend.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts