Mazda CX-50 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saw a CX-50 at my dealers two days ago. Was interested in maybe replacing my 2021 3 hatchback.
Did not really care for all the black cladding, but when I saw it had cylinder deactivation, I ruled it out.
That is why I bought my 3 hatchback instead of a CX-5, no cylinder deactivation.
CX-50 engine was made in Mexico, and trans made in Japan.
My 3 hatch was all made in Japan.
The CX-50 appears to have more cargo space than the CX-5.
There was a CX-5 in front of it, and, with the added length and lower roof, I thought the CX-50 had a nicer profile.

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My 2021 3 hatchback is the Select in Sonic Crystal red.
I had a 2014 Mazda 6 Sport with a manual. The Sport did not have all the electronics like the Touring. I really liked it, and would get 40+ MPG on trips.
Got totaled when hit from behind and pushed into car in front. Was planing on keeping it forever.
New 6 and Cx-5 had CD Which I did not want because of all the complaints and the recall.

The 3 is a nice car but I miss my manual. Got it in Jan of 21, several months before chip shortage, so lucky. Got good deal, 18% off MSRP, out the door for $22,000. Could sell it for more than that now.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.