Mazda CX-50 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As best I can tell, the only appreciable difference is the Bose sound system. My experience is that most of these system are hyped up and not all that good. Certainly not good enough to produce deep bass. Don't get me wrong, I'm not looking to shake the car in front of me. I do, however, want to feel some of the music. What's your experience? Worth it? What's the experiences with the NON Bose system?

Thanks!
Shumax

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not a bad idea, except I can't find any local to me on the lot. :(

I do like the idea of just adding a 10-12" sub in a small sealed exposure. Mount an amp in the tire well and tap into the sub there for signal. Running power and remote to the battery will be a pain. But, I can then unhook the speaker cables, to the sub, and remove the sub if I need more cargo room.

I need to dig into the stock NON BOSE system to see if it clips lower HZ signals as the volume goes up. If so, I will need to consider a signal processor to avoid that. Wonder if the BOSE system does that?

At the end of the day, rough numbers, it's about $1,500 for the next package - Turbo up to Turbo Premium. It's not a LOT of money; but, if I don't get much else from that package, I'd just assume take those funds and do what I mentioned above.

Thanks again for the input - it's appreciated!
Shumax

Registered
I am pretty happy with the Bose and it's bass output. Didn't get to hear the regulars system though. There are other functional differences.

The premium adds at least this stuff in addition to the Bose:
power folding mirrors
Memory seats
Ventilated seats
Heated steering wheel
XM capable radio
Heads Up Display

Registered
Mazda CX-50 Premium Turbo
Wait, no parking sensors on the turbo? You have to go to Turbo, premium plus, to get backup sensors? Really?
NO PARKING SENSORS is my biggest disappointment.
I explain to myself that someone in the parking lot will hit my car anyway, despite the fact that I had parking sensors.

No SD Card with maps is my second.

I drove cx5 with 360 camera and sensors. Parking in tiny spots was so easy.

Registered
CX-50 Turbo Premium Plus
I am pretty happy with the Bose and it's bass output. Didn't get to hear the regulars system though. There are other functional differences.

The premium adds at least this stuff in addition to the Bose:
power folding mirrors
Memory seats
Ventilated seats
Heated steering wheel
XM capable radio
Heads Up Display
The memory and ventilated seats were enough to convince me to move to the Premium trim (actually ended up with Premium Plus). If you have someone else who drives the car, no memory seats is a bit of a pain. I also live in central California where I cannot remember the last day under 100. Ventilated seats, while not miracle workers, are definitely nice and do keep your back dry.

As for the Bose, most reviews are touting it as the best audio system in this segment. I really enjoy it and it is certainly leaps and bounds better than the Harman/Kardon system I had in my Outback.

Registered
Let me get this right - I put this car in reverse, there is no 'beeper' telling me I am getting close to something, unless I get to the Turbo Premium? Really?! Wow...
That is not correct it will warn you but it doesn't have the parking sensors for objects that are moving stationary objects it will. The regular turbo model still does have the following feature.. Blind Spot Monitoring13 with Rear Cross Traffic Alert.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ok. I'm confused! :) I just want the damn thing to beep as I back up. I don't care about the rest. Just let me know how close I am getting to something, by the intensity of the beeping, and I can handle the rest. Does the camera show up, on the dash screen, as you back up, too? If what I am asking is in the TURBO model, I am fine. Ventilated seats are overrated. I have them in my current vehicle and don't care. I would miss the heated steering wheel, but not enough for the money it costs. Am I on track now? :)

Registered
CX-50 Turbo Premium Plus
Ok. I'm confused! :) I just want the damn thing to beep as I back up. I don't care about the rest. Just let me know how close I am getting to something, by the intensity of the beeping, and I can handle the rest. Does the camera show up, on the dash screen, as you back up, too? If what I am asking is in the TURBO model, I am fine. Ventilated seats are overrated. I have them in my current vehicle and don't care. I would miss the heated steering wheel, but not enough for the money it costs. Am I on track now? :)
So I am not 100% on this, but from looking at the website and comparing trims, this is what I think is the difference as far as parking and such.

First, all cars in the US are mandated to have back up cameras and nearly all that are produced these days show the camera in your infotainment.

The Turbo and Turbo Premium trims have a backup camera with telemetry lines. They also have rear cross traffic alert, which means if you are in a parking lot and are backing up and a car is coming down the lane, the CX-50 will alert you with beeps and flashes. The website does not list parking sensors on the Turbo and Turbo Premium trims (neither front nor rear). If that is accurate, the car will not beep at you when you back up to tell you that you are about to hit something and it will not automatically brake to stop you from backing into something.

That means, if you want parking sensors (both front and rear) they are only offered on the Turbo Premium Plus trim. This trim will also automatically brake when you are about to back into something. You will also get a front facing camera and 360 camera (using two cameras mounted under the mirror).

Someone with a Turbo or Turbo Premium can verify all of this, but according to Mazda's website it appears the Turbo and Turbo Premium only have the backup camera and rear cross traffic alert.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Wow. Perhaps I'm spoiled. Even my base Company car - a Ford Fusion - beeps at me the closer I get to something as I back up. It sounds like I have to go to a premium, or premium plus, to accomplish that with the CX50. Wow!

Registered
Wow. Perhaps I'm spoiled. Even my base Company car - a Ford Fusion - beeps at me the closer I get to something as I back up. It sounds like I have to go to a premium, or premium plus, to accomplish that with the CX50. Wow!
Not true one again lol. As I stated prior "That is not correct it will warn you but it doesn't have the parking sensors for objects that are moving stationary objects it will still beep. The regular turbo model still does have the following feature.. Blind Spot Monitoring13 with Rear Cross Traffic Alert."

Registered
CX-50 Turbo Premium Plus
The way the website shows, you would need to go to the Turbo Premium Plus for parking sensors. I am new to Mazda, so I do not know if this has been common practice or is one of those features that is a victim of supply chain issues so they limited it to one trim level.

Not true one again lol. As I stated prior "That is not correct it will warn you but it doesn't have the parking sensors for objects that are moving stationary objects it will still beep. The regular turbo model still does have the following feature.. Blind Spot Monitoring13 with Rear Cross Traffic Alert."
Rear Cross Traffic Alert is for moving objects while the car is in reverse only. It is literally in the name of the feature. It will not alert you to a stationary object. Now, if you have a Turbo or Turbo Premium and can verify that it beeps when you are backing up toward a wall to signal how far away you are, then I will of course take your word for it. However, that would only be possible with parking sensors which Mazda's website lists as only on the Turbo Premium Plus.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I just want the thing to beep as I back up and get close to something. That, along with the camera, are my best friends anymore! :) Sounds like just the regular Turbo will accomplish this. Perfect! :)

Registered
CX-50 Turbo Premium Plus
I just want the thing to beep as I back up and get close to something. That, along with the camera, are my best friends anymore! :) Sounds like just the regular Turbo will accomplish this. Perfect! :)
That is not correct. Only the Turbo Premium Plus has parking sensors that beep when you approach a stationary object. Blind Spot Monitoring with Rear Cross Traffic Alert will only alert you to moving objects (i.e. a car passing by as you back out). It will not alert you to a wall, barrier, parked car, or any other stationary object. I found a thread over on Reddit that has Turbo Premium owners verifying there are no parking sensors. Also, it appears only the Premium Plus has telemetry on the backup camera.

https://www.reddit.com/r/CX50/comments/vhucre

1 - 17 of 17 Posts