Mazda CX-50 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know how I can get info on this? Looking for fiche or something online. My local dealer's parts department barely knows what the Cx-50 is unfortunately. And for those with the Meridan Edition, how does it look to be secured? Thanks in advance.

· Registered
11 Posts
I have not had any luck with my parts department either, they have no info beyond what we do as the customer. At the very least, you are supposed to be able to purchase the $1800 Meridian Choice Package for any CX-50 to be dealer-installed. However the parts department has no info or ability to order this package. All I really want from it is the headlight garnish, so I wouldn't buy the package anyway. Still odd to me that it is not available, yet heavily advertised!

· Registered
2014 & 2019 CX-5, 2023 CX-50 TPP
76 Posts

· Registered
49 Posts
That’s odd. Wonder what led to that change. I will say in looking at the garnish on my Meridian I couldn’t help but think it looked kinda like an afterthought. It doesn’t appear to be clipped on in any way. Looks like the only thing holding it on is double sided tape. Maybe they were having an issue with them remaining in place.

· Registered
2023 Zircon Sand CX-50 Meridian edition w' Apex package
9 Posts
I'm supposed to get my Meridian edition on Jan. 24th. My disclosure sheet lists the headlamp garnish as part of the build. Mazda.ca also still lists it as part of the Meridian build but it also no longer lists it as an available accessory on the accessories page. I guess I'll have to wait and see if I get it. If I don't does anyone know what the cost was? I'll have to ask for that to be discounted if it's no longer on the build.

· Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I bet they don't want customers outfitting their CX-50s as Meridian editions on the cheap. The rocker garnish was one of the first things I ordered. I had to help my local dealer parts department find it. Also, they installed mine and several others upside down and had to buy me new body cladding on one whole side to make up for it since they had to poke holes in it to for a proper installation. Took them a week to do even that. I laid into the GM about the ineptitude for such a simple job. They eventually got it right. And I've been searching for the Meridian wheels for just as long too. Guess that is a lost cause as well.

· Registered
49 Posts
Well I guess I’m happy I sealed the deal before they dropped it.

Picked up my wife’s Meridian Turbo on the 26th. We weren’t shopping for the Meridian edition specifically because she thought it looked too much like a guys car but she liked the color and wanted the turbo.

Tire Wheel Car Sky Vehicle

· Registered
2023 Mazda CX-50 Turbo Premium Plus
120 Posts
I bet they don't want customers outfitting their CX-50s as Meridian editions on the cheap. The rocker garnish was one of the first things I ordered. I had to help my local dealer parts department find it. Also, they installed mine and several others upside down and had to buy me new body cladding on one whole side to make up for it since they had to poke holes in it to for a proper installation. Took them a week to do even that. I laid into the GM about the ineptitude for such a simple job. They eventually got it right. And I've been searching for the Meridian wheels for just as long too. Guess that is a lost cause as well.
I heard it has to do with the headlamp garnish not being up to Mazda's manufacturer standards.

· Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Just out of curiosity curiosity why is this posted in this sub forum 😅 surprised you're getting as much feedback as you are, though if you posted it in the correct section may have a better response.
I wasn't paying attention when I started the thread. If there are moderators watching this, please feel free to move it. But the final answer I'm hearing is that the garnish won't be made available anyway. Not even on the Meridian edition where its supposed to be par of that package.

· Registered
164 Posts
I wasn't paying attention when I started the thread. If there are moderators watching this, please feel free to move it. But the final answer I'm hearing is that the garnish won't be made available anyway. Not even on the Meridian edition where its supposed to be par of that package.
Aww darn! I was hoping there would be another answer for that part😔 Kisses for everyone 💋💋

· Registered
13 Posts
I am so glad mine came with it! No issues with them coming off or anything. I wonder if something happened like a fender bender if it would be available to the collision center since mine did come with them?
We have a Meridian Edition that’s still at the body shop (almost 3 months now) and the headlight garnish is being replaced after getting crushed by a bus. The only item that the body shop/our local mazda dealership is having a hard time getting is the hood decal. They apparently can’t order it because it doesn’t exist? It’s been almost 3 months and there’s apparently no part for them to order and they have supposedly contacted Mazda. Guess our Meridian will be fixed up without the hood decal :(

· Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
We have a Meridian Edition that’s still at the body shop (almost 3 months now) and the headlight garnish is being replaced after getting crushed by a bus. The only item that the body shop/our local mazda dealership is having a hard time getting is the hood decal. They apparently can’t order it because it doesn’t exist? It’s been almost 3 months and there’s apparently no part for them to order and they have supposedly contacted Mazda. Guess our Meridian will be fixed up without the hood decal :(
Please find out for us how your body shop is sourcing the headlight garnish. My local dealer's part department is saying they can't find so much as a part# for the garnish.

· Registered
13 Posts
Please find out for us how your body shop is sourcing the headlight garnish. My local dealer's part department is saying they can't find so much as a part# for the garnish.
So apparently the headlight garnish has been discontinued. Our body shop can’t get it from Mazda and the worst part is, our car is still in the shop since November because they need the headlight garnish to attach all of the assembly together? Our Mazda body shop guy called us just now to let us know that they cannot put our car back together without the headlight garnish because of the way the Meridian edition was built. Apparently it absolutely NEEDS the garnish to hold the headlight/surrounding parts??? This is ridiculous. No wonder the new meridians I see at Mazda do not come with a headlight garnish.

· Registered
2023 Mazda CX-50 Turbo Premium Plus
120 Posts
So apparently the headlight garnish has been discontinued. Our body shop can’t get it from Mazda and the worst part is, our car is still in the shop since November because they need the headlight garnish to attach all of the assembly together? Our Mazda body shop guy called us just now to let us know that they cannot put our car back together without the headlight garnish because of the way the Meridian edition was built. Apparently it absolutely NEEDS the garnish to hold the headlight/surrounding parts??? This is ridiculous. No wonder the new meridians I see at Mazda do not come with a headlight garnish.
They can put the car back together, it doesn't NEED the garnish. Most recent Meridian's arriving at dealerships do NOT have the headlight garnish.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts