Mazda CX-50 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2023 CX-50 2.5 Turbo Premium Plus
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed that after the electric e-brake is applied, my calipers make a creaking noise. I’m super hypersensitive to car noises (especially a new one), so most may not hear it. It’s not loud and my brakes function normal, it’s just annoying when I get in/out and I hear it. Once it is disengaged and I drive, I've never heard it. I only have 250 miles on it so I figure it’s still breaking in everything. Curious if any other new owners hear something similar. Again, not a loud sound or concerned with performance. I'll try to post a sound bit or video.

·
Registered
10 Posts
This seems to be a common issue with vehicles running electric parking brakes. Prime culprit is usually due to surface buildup, hot break pads, etc. One remedy wound up being a replaced caliper that was warped, dude took it into dealer and they checked it out. If it continues noticeably for a while I would just take it in to the dealer as a warranty issue.

Brakes love to make noise, especially with drastic temperature changes or if it’s rained recently. All that e brake is doing is just using a motor to squeeze those pads nice and tight.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts