Mazda CX-50 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· Registered
73 Posts
Mine blows heat after remote start up. This assumes the engine has had enough run time to warm up enough to actually make heat.

could it be that it simply hasn’t had enough time to warm up? In cold temps I could see it taking longer than the ten minutes of allowed remote run time to make heat.

· Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mine blows heat after remote start up. This assumes the engine has had enough run time to warm up enough to actually make heat.

could it be that it simply hasn’t had enough time to warm up? In cold temps I could see it taking longer than the ten minutes of allowed remote run time to make heat.
Let me try that

· Registered
2014 & 2019 CX-5, 2023 CX-50 TPP
76 Posts
What exactly do you guys mean by "the heater doesn't come on"? Does the A/C controller shut off? (I mean, you DO know that the blower does not start until the engine warms up, right?)

For my car, when I remote start, the A/C comes on and the blower starts when engine is warm. Maybe mine (being only a week old) already has the update, which is why I'm confused :)

· Registered
5 Posts
So we bought ours in September, by the time the vehicle shuts off after being remote started there is no hot air to warm the cabin since it is 18f outside.

I do leave the settings with the car on prior me exiting on hi heat, full blower and seat warmers on. Shut off the car, assuming when I remote start it will continue from where I left the settings.

Am I missing something? Thanks!

· Registered
2014 & 2019 CX-5, 2023 CX-50 TPP
76 Posts
So we bought ours in September, by the time the vehicle shuts off after being remote started there is no hot air to warm the cabin since it is 18f outside.

I do leave the settings with the car on prior me exiting on hi heat, full blower and seat warmers on. Shut off the car, assuming when I remote start it will continue from where I left the settings.

Am I missing something? Thanks!
So if you remote start the car and just leave it for the 10 mins before it turns itself off, with those oustside temps, it probably hasn't had enough time to warm the engine enough to heat the cabin air. 10 mins of driving (under load) might, but 10 mins of idling won't. I'd say your car is acting just as physics would predict.

· Registered
5 Posts
Understood, bit it seems the 10 min is not enough regardless for the engine to heat up in lower temps. Just seems a shame we are unable use the remote start benefits after paying $37,000 for a vehicle. I will speak with mazda to see if there is anything they can do.

· Registered
73 Posts
Wouldn't it work to just to restart it a second time if you want to go longer than 10 minutes?

And rumor has it that we don’t want to idle these DI engines very long. So the 10 min limit is probably a good thing in the long run

· Registered
2 Posts
My heat does not come on during remote starts, I run it twice, then I have to drive twenty minutes before I get heat. My work is 22 minutes from my house, so I am driving in a cold car all the time. In -25 C this is not comfortable. I have started using a plug in blanket to keep warm and my dealership is okay with that, they say it is working within the normal parameters. My last car was a ford escape, heated up very quickly. Guy at Mazda said oh yeah fords have good heaters. After twenty minutes driving and 2 remote starts I get heat when it is warmer than about -12C. If it is colder than that it does not get warm and when it is -30C or colder I get lukewarm air coming out of vents regardless of how long I have driven it. Will probably sell it since the dealership is not interested in solving this problem.

· Registered
164 Posts
My heat does not come on during remote starts, I run it twice, then I have to drive twenty minutes before I get heat. My work is 22 minutes from my house, so I am driving in a cold car all the time. In -25 C this is not comfortable. I have started using a plug in blanket to keep warm and my dealership is okay with that, they say it is working within the normal parameters. My last car was a ford escape, heated up very quickly. Guy at Mazda said oh yeah fords have good heaters. After twenty minutes driving and 2 remote starts I get heat when it is warmer than about -12C. If it is colder than that it does not get warm and when it is -30C or colder I get lukewarm air coming out of vents regardless of how long I have driven it. Will probably sell it since the dealership is not interested in solving this problem.
Have you tried another dealer & is your system on auto or manual for the heat / ac?

· Registered
47 Posts
Something is wrong with the car then; contact Mazda directly. My seats get so hot I have to turn them off. Car heats up quickly from remote start or a cold start and 5-mins drive max.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Registered
23 Meridian in Zircon & 22 M3 in Soul
20 Posts
Something is wrong with the car then; contact Mazda directly. My seats get so hot I have to turn them off. Car heats up quickly from remote start or a cold start and 5-mins drive max.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I don’t think they were talking about seats.

Also two more things, go into the settings app and make sure your setting for remote start have been checked.
Lastly if you are driving conservatively when you first start out, yes the engine can take awhile to produce heat. Driving in Sport mode makes a big difference for me when it’s colder out.
Then once it’s adequately heated, back to normal mode.
It’s just what it is with these Mazdas.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts