Mazda CX-50 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
“Check Fuel-Filler Cap” message is displayed in the instrument cluster.
This is caused by improper control software of the PCM.
When the room fuse was first installed during PDI Clean and i-stop is activated, the message ''CHECK FUEL FILLER CAP'' will be display in the instrument cluster for three seconds only one time and no message will return.
To eliminate this concern, the control software of the cars PCM (Powertrain Control Module) has been modified and is performed by Dealer using MDARS Program and Mazda VCM II.

This PCM Update can ONLY be done by your Mazda Dealer during normal servicing.
While this ''Check Fuel-Filler Cap' message is apparently only a one time view in instrument cluster (IC) Mazda recommends that owners complain to their Mazda Dealer so software update will be done.
More than likely there will be other software updates done at the same time, however you MUST Complain to your Service Advisor so your complaint is recorded and acted upon.

Dealer TSB NUMBER: 09-031/22 on August 18th, 2022.
APPLICABLE MODEL(S)/VINS
2023 CX-50 (2.5L with turbo)

·
Registered
2023 CX-50 2.5 Turbo Premium Plus
93 Posts
“Check Fuel-Filler Cap” message is displayed in the instrument cluster.
This is caused by improper control software of the PCM.
When the room fuse was first installed during PDI Clean and i-stop is activated, the message ''CHECK FUEL FILLER CAP'' will be display in the instrument cluster for three seconds only one time and no message will return.
To eliminate this concern, the control software of the cars PCM (Powertrain Control Module) has been modified and is performed by Dealer using MDARS Program and Mazda VCM II.

This PCM Update can ONLY be done by your Mazda Dealer during normal servicing.
While this ''Check Fuel-Filler Cap' message is apparently only a one time view in instrument cluster (IC) Mazda recommends that owners complain to their Mazda Dealer so software update will be done.
More than likely there will be other software updates done at the same time, however you MUST Complain to your Service Advisor so your complaint is recorded and acted upon.

Dealer TSB NUMBER: 09-031/22 on August 18th, 2022.
APPLICABLE MODEL(S)/VINS
2023 CX-50 (2.5L with turbo)
I haven’t had this issue with my Turbo. Thanks for posting.

·
Registered
2023 CX-50 Zircon Sand/Terracotta PPT
84 Posts
Thank you, Ash8.

A bit odd, unless there's more detail in the actual TSB--if that message appears only a single time and for 3 seconds, what are the odds anyone will notice that? Does it also throw a DTC or other error code? Is there a way to at least check the PCM version without MDARS/VCM II?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts