Mazda CX-50 Forum banner

Chain Recommendations?

406 Views 6 Replies 3 Participants Last post by  Someguy
We purchased a CX-50 Turbo a couple weeks ago and may soon need to take it through a snowy area which may require chains. Any recommendations? I don't want anything that will scratch the rims/wheels!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
We purchased a CX-50 Turbo a couple weeks ago and may soon need to take it through a snowy area which may require chains. Any recommendations? I don't want anything that will scratch the rims/wheels!
Font Rectangle Screenshot Technology Electronic device
See less See more
Thank you both for the replies. That's a good price for the Konig chains. It seems like the dealer told me to "only use cables, not real chains"?
Going back through the papers they had us sign, I found that we had to sign a "Tire Chain Disclosure". It includes this verbiage: "AS EQUIPPED, THIS VEHICLE MAY NOT BE OPERATED WITH TIRE CHAINS BUT MAY ACCOMODATE SOME OTHER TYPE OF TIRE TRACTION DEVICE. SEE THE OWNER'S MANUAL FOR DETAILS." Yes, it's in all caps!
Pretty sure all CA dealers have that Tire Chain Disclosure but Owners manual doesn't mention anything about not using chains.

But with my experience with chains and cables, the diamond pattern chains work a lot better than cables. Both were S class compatible and neither one stuck out further in or out from the tire so I don't know why they have these disclosures against chains. Just don't go buying the big fat chains.

If you want to comply, try using snow socks.
I was wondering about the socks, and I ordered some today. We'll see how it goes, but at least it won't (hopefully) scratch the wheels.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts