Mazda CX-50 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Lovely simply lovely! I'm planning on doing mine as well but not quite sure the route I want to go. Did you Plasti dip yours?
Lovely simply lovely! I'm planning on doing mine as well but not quite sure the route I want to go. Did you Plasti dip yours?
yes i used hyper dip, the dealership wanted to much to black them out . so i did it myself it to about 2hrs i used ten coates

·
Registered
154 Posts
yes i used hyper dip, the dealership wanted to much to black them out . so i did it myself it to about 2hrs i used ten coates
Looks awesome! I'm tempted to buy blacked out badges online already have a new Mazda emblem that I'm going to use from Mikstore I'm just concerned on how well the hyper dip will hold up over time I've never used it before though on the car.
That would be my intention to replace the rear Mazda badge with the logo below. And the other stock badges I can get blacked out on Amazon, though the font is slightly different but actually matches that of the logo I just posted. I just don't want to ruin the car by removing the badges especially since no one has steps on how to remove the actual rear Mazda badge.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I want to black out the badges on my wind chill pearl (white) CX 50 and had a couple questions about the process. Would appreciate your help:

- Did you also dip the front grille badge (not pictured), and if so, can you give any tips for removing the badge from the grille? It looks like you might have to take the whole bumper off to access the clips from behind. Would love to know how you did it.

- what kind of adhesive did you used to reattach all the badges after they were dipped?

- where did you buy the hyper dip solution and the adhesive to put them back on?

thanks!

·
Registered
33 Posts
I want to black out the badges on my wind chill pearl (white) CX 50 and had a couple questions about the process. Would appreciate your help:

- Did you also dip the front grille badge (not pictured), and if so, can you give any tips for removing the badge from the grille? It looks like you might have to take the whole bumper off to access the clips from behind. Would love to know how you did it.

- what kind of adhesive did you used to reattach all the badges after they were dipped?

- where did you buy the hyper dip solution and the adhesive to put them back on?

thanks!
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't believe removing badges is necessary to hyperdip. I think you spray them then remove the excess overspray by pulling (very carefully) and the remainer is supposed to stay on the emblems

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

thanks!
i didn't remove the emblems , you spray them while they are on the car, i ordered the hyper dip from there website DipYourCar - World Famous Peelable Auto Paint the front emblem i bought a overlay to cover the front

·
Registered
2023 Mazda CX-50 Turbo Premium Plus
32 Posts
also, home depot has this stuff for less than $10/can...cheaper than auto zone if you have one close by

Plasti Dip 11 oz. Black 11203-6 - The Home Depot
Home Depot is, unfortunately, a long drive from here. I wish I had known. Had a hot water heater and some plumbing items delivered this morning from there.

I'll pay the extra. The AutoZone the last in the series of three autozones I will pass. Will at least a fun drive out of it.

·
Registered
2023 Mazda CX-50 Turbo Premium Plus
32 Posts
Plasti Dip acquired. I got the last two cans of black at the store.

One logo, I need some advice on. The Sky Active G logo is black with it's lettering... I'm guessing just leave it alone? It would be an all black badge, I think, if I did that.

Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive exterior Font

1 - 20 of 31 Posts