Mazda CX-50 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone find any roof rack options (clips to factory rails) other than what mazda offers?

Neither Yakima nor Thule let you choose a 2023 model so I’ll have to email or call them tomorrow.

Thx,

Chip

·
Registered
2023 CX-50 2.5 Turbo Premium Plus
44 Posts
Anyone find any roof rack options (clips to factory rails) other than what mazda offers?

Neither Yakima nor Thule let you choose a 2023 model so I’ll have to email or call them tomorrow.

Thx,

Chip
Nothing found yet. My dealer said they will have factory cross bars for me in 7-10 days.

·
Registered
2023 CX-50 2.5 S Premium Plus
11 Posts
Nothing found yet. My dealer said they will have factory cross bars for me in 7-10 days.
I got my factory crossbars last Thursday. The wind noise they generate at highway speeds is horrendous. One of the very few disappointing aspects of my purchase so far. I’ll probably remove them and reinstall only when I need my Thule carrier for trips or those rare occasions when my wife wants to paddle board. If anyone comes across a quiet aftermarket set at some point, I’ll be eager to hear about them.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I got my factory crossbars last Thursday. The wind noise they generate at highway speeds is horrendous. One of the very few disappointing aspects of my purchase so far. I’ll probably remove them and reinstall only when I need my Thule carrier for trips or those rare occasions when my wife wants to paddle board. If anyone comes across a quiet aftermarket set at some point, I’ll be eager to hear about them.
Good info. Perhaps I’ll wait until Thule or Yakima releases a solution.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I spoke with both a Thule and Yakima rep and they had similar answers on when they think a crossbar solution from them will come to market for the CX-50. "End of second or beginning of third quarter this year". So late June thru Sep is the best guess.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I heard something similar from Thule today, but they said they were still working on in finishing 2022 models and it would be a while before they got to 2023’s!

·
Registered
44 Posts
I heard something similar from Thule today, but they said they were still working on in finishing 2022 models and it would be a while before they got to 2023’s!
Luckily I don't use crossbars until winter so waiting on a non-OEM option isn't a problem. I want all black, so when the Meridian gets released this fall, perhaps those will be an option as well.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts