Mazda CX-50 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
An idea for accent lighting in the front dashboard cup holder area of the CX-50, which is very dark at night.

Plug into the accessory socket a USB-A car charger + Mini USB LED light = "Accent lightning".

The light emitted from the the mini USB LED light can be changed to a white light or many different colors, and light intensity.

Using a car charger with dual USB-A or a USB-A + USB-C port, allows you to use one port for the mini USB LED light and the other for charging your device.

Also, power to the front accessory socket is off when the ignition is off (unlike power to the accessory socket in the rear cargo area of the car which stays on, even when the ignition is off).

Here's a couple of photos with the mini USB light set to emit a blue light, which matches the blue ring light from the car charger.

Car Plant Vehicle Automotive design Automotive lighting

Vehicle Plant Car Motor vehicle Automotive lighting

·
Registered
2023 CX-50 Zircon Sand/Terracotta PPT
97 Posts
I've been considering something similar for there, and also a USB version for the front center console interior and the rear passenger area given there's no factory footlighting.

·
Registered
2023 CX-50 Zircon Sand/Terracotta PPT
97 Posts
Plugged another mini LED light into the rear cabin USB-A port for accent lighting in the back seat area
I previously tried to find USB mini LEDs like those but with an on/off switch. Doesn't seem to exist. Would want the option to shut them off as it might be distracting to passengers and to me at times. Realize they can just be easily pulled out, but then more easily lost.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I previously tried to find USB mini LEDs like those but with an on/off switch. Doesn't seem to exist. Would want the option to shut them off as it might be distracting to passengers and to me at times. Realize they can just be easily pulled out, but then more easily lost.
That's a good point. The ones I have don't have an on/off switch, but you can adjust the brightness, to make them dimmer

1 - 14 of 14 Posts