Mazda CX-50 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16.5 CX-5 Touring/2023 CX-50 Turbo Premium
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I've had the 2023 Mazda CX-50 Turbo Premium for about 2-3 weeks now and I've noticed that each time I switch off the ignition and then switch it back on, the angle of the mirrors seems to reset each time. It gets a little tedious having to press on the memory 1 position for the mirror angle to automatically adjust back into the position that it was preset to. I've went through the owners manual and there was no mention about this and it seems to only affect the mirrors and not the seats for whatever reason. Is there something that I am missing or has anyone noticed this as well?

For clarification purposes, I typically have the mirrors pointed outwards and facing away from the vehicle. However, when I switch the ignition off/turn the car back on, the mirror angle points back to the direction of the vehicle.

Note: I am not referring to the folding mirror functionality.

·
Registered
2023 Mazda CX-50 Turbo Premium Plus
32 Posts
You need to angle your mirrors.

Then, set memory seat position 1... Right after that, you'll set again, this time pressing the unlock key on your FOB.

This sets the mirror to both your unlock and hitting 1 when you get in.

Sometimes, people don't set it to the FOB and things like this happen.

This memory also affects the settings to the HUD if you have one.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You need to angle your mirrors.

Then, set memory seat position 1... Right after that, you'll set again, this time pressing the unlock key on your FOB.

This sets the mirror to both your unlock and hitting 1 when you get in.

Sometimes, people don't set it to the FOB and things like this happen.

This memory also affects the settings to the HUD if you have one.
You are correct, much appreciated! It appears that I missed that one extra step of pressing the unlock button on the key fob :D

FYI - For anyone else that encounters this issue, this is the part that I glossed over when reading the owners manual:

Font Output device Parallel Screenshot Rectangle

·
Registered
23 Posts
I've had my seat programmed for a couple of weeks now, but the mirrors didn't set. I just went out and tried to reprogram it. I pushed the set PB (pushbutton) until it made a sound. I pushed the "1" PB and it made the same sound again. I pushed the set PB again and it made the same sound again. I pushed the "UNLOCK" button on my FOB and it made the sound again. I then moved my seat and mirror, pushed the 1PB. The seat moved to it's programmed position, but the side mirror didn't move. The EPB was ON, and of course it was in park. What did I miss? My Mazda is a non-turbo, Premium Plus.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've had my seat programmed for a couple of weeks now, but the mirrors didn't set. I just went out and tried to reprogram it. I pushed the set PB (pushbutton) until it made a sound. I pushed the "1" PB and it made the same sound again. I pushed the set PB again and it made the same sound again. I pushed the "UNLOCK" button on my FOB and it made the sound again. I then moved my seat and mirror, pushed the 1PB. The seat moved to it's programmed position, but the side mirror didn't move. The EPB was ON, and of course it was in park. What did I miss? My Mazda is a non-turbo, Premium Plus.
I would try this method instead to see if it works for you:
  1. Ensure the car is fully off.
  2. Press on the push-start button twice to place the vehicle in accessory mode. Note: You'll see your touchscreen display and everything on your dash power on.
  3. Adjust the seating position and mirror position to your liking.
  4. Hold and press on the "Set" button and wait for the chime.
  5. Hold and press on the "1" button and wait for the chime.
  6. Press the "unlock" button on your key fob and wait for the chime. Note: If you do not hear a chime after pressing on the key fob, repeat steps #3-4 and then press the unlock button on your key fob and you should hear the chime.
Let me know if that works for your non-turbo, I think the steps should be fairly similar and I got it working for my car last night after multiple attempts.

·
Registered
23 Posts
No luck with either procedure. As you showed, I pushed the SET button and heard a chime. I pushed the "1" button and heard a chime. I pushed the UNLOCK button on the FOB and I did NOT hear a chime. I repeated (several times) and then tried what you suggested about repeating steps 3 & 4 and I did hear a chime when I pushed the unlock on the FOB, but when I moved the left mirror and left seat from the setpoint, when I pushed the "1" button, the seat moved to it's setpoint but the mirror stayed still.

I know you have a turbo and I don't, but you'd think the mirrors would be the same. But that's what you get when you try being logical.

In a week or 10 days I should be near the dealer and I'll stop and see what they have to say if it's still not working.

I just had a thought. Did you try it after you moved 1 mirror or did you move both?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No luck with either procedure. As you showed, I pushed the SET button and heard a chime. I pushed the "1" button and heard a chime. I pushed the UNLOCK button on the FOB and I did NOT hear a chime. I repeated (several times) and then tried what you suggested about repeating steps 3 & 4 and I did hear a chime when I pushed the unlock on the FOB, but when I moved the left mirror and left seat from the setpoint, when I pushed the "1" button, the seat moved to it's setpoint but the mirror stayed still.

I know you have a turbo and I don't, but you'd think the mirrors would be the same. But that's what you get when you try being logical.

In a week or 10 days I should be near the dealer and I'll stop and see what they have to say if it's still not working.

I just had a thought. Did you try it after you moved 1 mirror or did you move both?
I feel like something is not right. I was encountering the same issue when I was setting the mirrors up the first time and had the same results as you where only the seats moved and not the mirrors. I would confirm that before you do anything, the seating position and mirror position has been adjusted before you do anything else and afterwards, try steps #4 - 6.

I just tried it again for the right mirror and then for both mirrors. After adjusting the angles of the mirrors and setting them again using steps #4-6, both mirrors went back to the position that I had originally set it to. If it doesn't work, I would probably consult your dealer, it could be defective or maybe the premium plus doesn't have that feature (I doubt it doesn't).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts