Mazda CX-50 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
20" OEM wheel and tires. Available to ship or pickup next week around 9/28. ~5,000 miles on tires, rotated once. No issues. Wheels are like new, zero damage. Prefer pickup near Western MA, will ship at your cost.

· Registered
71 Posts
20" OEM wheel and tires. Available to ship or pickup next week around 9/28. ~5,000 miles on tires, rotated once. No issues. Wheels are like new, zero damage. Prefer pickup near Western MA, will ship at your cost.
Just curious, what wheel tire set up did you go with? I don't like the 20" but Im going to try a better tire for now. My main concern is pothole damage...

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just curious, what wheel tire set up did you go with? I don't like the 20" but Im going to try a better tire for now. My main concern is pothole damage...
I went with 17" Black Rhino wheels and Falken Wildpeak AT tires. Install scheduled for Friday so I'll share pics and impressions later. I switched solely for potholes and off road capabilities during the fall/winter hunting season. I don't think the ride quality is too harsh on the 20s as others have commented.

· Registered
71 Posts
I went with 17" Black Rhino wheels and Falken Wildpeak AT tires. Install scheduled for Friday so I'll share pics and impressions later. I switched solely for potholes and off road capabilities during the fall/winter hunting season. I don't think the ride quality is too harsh on the 20s as others have commented.
I agree about with you about what you are saying about the ride. It isn't a sedan after all. 🙂
I don't really go off road much (dirt or gravel road). Good luck with the 50 and the hunting. Thanks for the response.

· Registered
47 Posts
Would anyone know if 225/55/17 would be too small or a problem as winter tires (on basic steel rims). I thought I had 225/65/17 for winter tires from another car but I was dead wrong :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Registered
71 Posts
Would anyone know if 225/55/17 would be too small or a problem as winter tires (on basic steel rims). I thought I had 225/65/17 for winter tires from another car but I was dead wrong :(

· Registered
47 Posts
Just shows me the difference… doesn’t really tell me if it could work. Though its not one of the options for alternate tire sizes

· Registered
2023 Mazda CX-50 Turbo Premium Plus
120 Posts
Just shows me the difference… doesn’t really tell me if it could work. Though its not one of the options for alternate tire sizes

Theoretically it does work since the overall diameter is not larger where clearance may be an issue. However that size would be a 10% overall difference in height, which will effect alignment, performance, the speedometer reading, and most of all they are probably not the correct load capacity.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts