Mazda CX-50 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Before and after lift kit. Cx50 preferred plus w/ 245-65-17 nitto nomad grapplers. Sitting right at 10" ground clearance, stock wheels, no spacers. Couldn't be happier with the results!

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you! This is my first lifted vehicle. And after a little seat time with the new tires and now also with the new lift, it still feels and drives like stock. Not sure how much the mpg has actually dropped, but averaging 25 and still hitting 28-29+ on the highway. I have been debating on 1" wheel spacers but still undecided.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just a spacer kit.
Will be looking for shots of the actual hardware and installation. Know you probably can't share since it sounds like you're testing for them. My primary two concerns with a spacer setup is over extension of shocks during normal driving (aka frequently extending them to the stops which normally only happens when jacking the vehicle up) and if when the suspension compresses to it's max, does the bump stop still stop the suspension before the coils of the spring crash into each other.

This is all assuming it's a spacer that sits on the spring rather than spacing out the suspension mount points but I'm not sure how we'd do the second method on the 50 since the rear does not use a strut setup.

Meh, I'm just rambling and thinking.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I completely understand and yes I am the tester. The front sits on top of the struts. The rear sits on top of the springs. The rear shock does not have a spacer as to allow for stock travel. There will be an installation video that I will share a link for when testing is completed.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts